[Testing] Tubes and Journal Meeting today at noon, edt

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Tue Oct 16 13:40:31 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 10:47 -0400, Kim Quirk wrote:
> * Performance, memory leaks(?) 3726

We are using pygobject 2.14 in joyride, so the worst mem leaks should be
gone. Anyway, I still need to monitor memory usage and see if it's still
a problem.

> * Filters (4097),

Still have to rename those.

> * Copying files to usb (4234, 3768)

Have updated those tickets. 4234 worked in joyride and 3768 is an issue
that needs to be solved in the datastore.

> * Older version of journal entry 4187

Still need to look at it.

> * Others...

Reliable previews: Enabling composition in matchbox allows us to take
previews at any moment. The problem is that, currently, every fullscreen
window will take an extra 2MB of mem.

That happens because we are keeping all windows mapped, we just obscure
one with another when switching zoom levels or between activities.

Looks like iconizing the non-visible windows would cause for those to be
unmapped, thus releasing the pixmaps in the X server. This would allow
us to have the benefits of composition with only using an extra 2MB
_globally_. I still need to test this better, not sure we should ship it
in FRS yet.

Tomeu