[Testing] Activity Testing Matrix

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Mon Nov 12 18:35:46 EST 2007

So looks like folks are starting to try it out.

Here's what I'd like to do next.

Phase One, PUBLICIZE TO DEVELOPERS.  I want every activity developer to
know that *this is the place* to link their activities and plans for
testing.  So I would like to send an email where activity developers will
read it.  Should this note go to devel at laptop.org?  sugar at laptop.org?
Other places?

After developers have had a few days to (a) put their activity info up on
the matrix, (b) try to puzzle out test cases, (c) point out the places
where the process is probably busted, and (d) complain about how terribly
inefficient a wiki-based system is for QA (heh), I'd like to move on to...

Phase Two, PUBLICIZE TO EVERYONE ELSE.  And I mean *everyone* else.
Fedora folks, Ubuntu folks, Debian folks, SuSE folks.  LUG mailing lists.
Slashdot.  Digg.  The message should look like this: "OLPC needs your
help, RIGHT NOW.  All you need is a modern Linux distro (or even a Windows
machine) and a couple of hours a day for the next several weeks, and you
can be intimately involved in the most important software project in the
history of mankind."

Any objection to this plan?  Pointers?  Comments?

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager