[sugar] Problem with initial push to central repository

Lewis Barnett lbarnett at richmond.edu
Fri Nov 14 15:51:04 EST 2008

I was trying to do the initial push to our repository this afternoon. I
was able to successfully set the origin for our local repository, but
when I did "git push --all", I got the following error:

Counting objects: 21, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (21/21), done.
Writing objects: 100% (21/21), 22.32 KiB, done.
Total 21 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0)
error: unable to create temporary sha1 filename ./objects/tmp_obj_ofgfk8:
Permission denied

fatal: failed to write object
error: unpack failed: unpacker exited with error code
To git+ssh://urcompsci@dev.laptop.org/git/activities/bundleactivity
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (n/a (unpacker error))
error: failed to push some refs to
'git+ssh://urcompsci@dev.laptop.org/git/activities/bundleactivity'

I believe this is a server side permissions error, but I'm a git newbie,
so I could be mistaken even about that. Any suggestions on dealing with
this?

Thanks,

Lewis

--
Lewis Barnett -- Chair, Dept. of Math & CS, U. of Richmond, VA 23173
              -- lbarnett at richmond.edu | lbarnett at acm.org
              -- http://www.mathcs.richmond.edu/~lbarnett/