[sugar] XO identity shared via Browse

Luke Faraone luke at laptop.org
Tue Dec 2 17:12:42 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 17:07, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org>wrote:

> > OpenID, specifically, would be hard to implement in the current version
> of
> > the spec, as our devices FQDNs will be changing often. Locally, it might
> > work, but remote identification is a problem.
>
> Actually, my regular laptop's FQDN changes all the time and I have no
> problem remembering my OpenID ? Perhaps my browser can help me with
> this?

That's a different model. We want the openID _provider_ to be either on the
laptop itself or on the school server. Since the _server_ has a changing
FQDN, this becomes harder. The solution would be to propose a change to the
protocol or register the school servers domains (or subs) with a Dynamic DNS
provider.

-lf