[sugar] XO identity shared via Browse

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Tue Dec 2 17:19:50 EST 2008

> That's a different model. We want the openID _provider_ to be either on the
> laptop itself or on the school server. Since the _server_ has a changing
> FQDN, this becomes harder. The solution would be to propose a change to the
> protocol or register the school servers domains (or subs) with a Dynamic DNS
> provider.

Now we are talking, this is only a technical problem.

Clearly, the provider should not be on the laptop. That would defeat
the entire purpose of having an "Identity Provider". Now on the
server:

One solution is to provide Dynamic DNS, as you say, and its one I like
very much, I had thought about it too for our planned server
implementations.

Second, and perhaps simpler: woudnt the school server control DNS for
the laptops?
What about just make point "identityprovider.local" to your local
schoolserver? - Ah - i got it, the other end must reach the identity
provider too... !

So one solution, dynamic DNS, is pretty robust an tried plus simple.
+100 for that.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Silva