[Server-devel] [XSCE] Re: XS(CE) integration with other environments?

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Tue Mar 10 23:57:59 EDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 11:03 PM, Samuel Greenfeld <samuel at greenfeld.org>
wrote:

> much of the hope behind the XO-1, Sugar, and Schoolserver was that
> everyone would rally around them as the superior solution.  Millions of XOs
> would be sold, and everyone would develop Sugar applications.
>
> In practice, this never happened.
>

> The question I am raising is if micro-deployments are enough.

Very fair questions all, including Tony's shy-but-globally-informed
country known to man+woman+child!

Similar fundamental=difficult questions: are mega-deployments enough?  Are
medium-sized deployments enough?  Is the OLPC vision of "deployment" (a
military idea synonymous with top-down) even compatible/practical as an
approach to open-sourcing education, or any other parts of democracy for
that matter?  What more relevant approaches can advance+open intentionally
conservationist (don't say conservative ;) educational models?