[Server-devel] 10AM NYC Time: XS(CE) Thurs Community Call

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Jan 15 20:49:46 EST 2014

Six of us will soon be in Haiti implementing XSCE
5.0<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Community_Edition/0.5>(*) and HaitiOS
0.7 <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/HaitiOS> at a number of orphanages and
schools, and would love to compare notes before we jet.  We'll also discuss
streamlining integration options with the upcoming
Internet-in-a-Box<http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/server-devel/2013-December/007056.html>digital
library we hope to help showcase at the 12th annual Southern
California Linux Expo (SCaLE), where many OLPC community deployment
implementers be attending* Feb. 21-23, 2014.
<http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale12x/schedule>*

(*) XSCE 0.5 was renamed 5.0 if I follow Tuesday's irc chat meeting
correctly (minutes @ https://sugardextrose.org/issues/4929) in order to
avoid imminent confusion with the installed base of XS 0.6 from Oct 2009
and XS 0.7 from Jan 2012 <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Release_Notes>.
Regardless whether the next version will be 5.1, 6.0 or 50.0, a 5.0
"Spanish" poster
<http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/44864968.jpg>has already
leaked out ;) in proud anticipation of the full release and
announcement soon, now that XS Community Edition is almost 1.5 years old!

*Thanks all for helping craft this week's DIY Agenda:*
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o6QtzLb6e58YKWqMf_junux2XyBRLFm31un8YLcYslg

*Send your skype username or phone number if you can join, thanks so much
and see you Thursday 10AM NYC Time--*

--
Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org !