[Server-devel] XSCE 0.5 (upgraded from 0.4) VirtualBox Files

Curt Thompson curtathompson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 14:45:14 EST 2014

Links:
SchoolServer.vbox (8.94KB) -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B88Fc8ICKovFbEY5cUhuRmF2NXM/edit?usp=sharing

SchoolServer.vbox-prev (9.07KB) -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B88Fc8ICKovFWXJtdGlMQVJjSHc/edit?usp=sharing

SchoolServer.vdi (5.48GB) -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B88Fc8ICKovFWXo0a3ZiV1dKcE0/edit?usp=sharing

Username: xsce
Password: schoolserver.org <http://schoolserver.org>
Root/sudo password: schoolserver.org <http://schoolserver.org>

I have this set up now in "appliance mode", considering people may want
to try it out without running a dhcp server and possibly breaking their
network(s).  Single NIC, bridged. (Apparently running this DHCP server
should not cause issues with others as schoolserver's dhcp server is set
to be 'not authoritative' but I will leave it this way for now)

If you wanted to change the mode, I believe you only have to go into the
machine settings in VirtualBox, add a NIC, boot up the VM and rerun
./runansible as root from ~/xsce

The upgrade process was very simple (with fast, reliable internet).
Simply follow the instructions for XO-1.5, XO-1.75, XO-4 at
https://github.com/XSCE/xsce/blob/master/docs/INSTALL.rst

I have also installed the test version of internet-in-a-box on the local
drive at root (/knowledge) and it is accessible from the portal at
http://schoolserver.  I had luck accessing the portal (and IIAB) from
other machines on the same network by typing the XSCE VM's ip address
into the browser.