[Server-devel] XSCE 0.2 - Network problems running xs-setup

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 22 09:10:42 EDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-03-22 at 09:22 -0300, Rodolfo D. Arce S. wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I ran into a few problems when trying to install the XSCE 0.2. I
> downloaded the repo and installed, during the installation process i
> got this messages, but apparently everything was installed correctly.
>
> http://pastebin.com/srwDn6wX

That's part of the rpm, the %post scriptlet is calling xs-setup
--upgrade-only and the xs-setup exits at that point.

> I'm running in a HP DV4 laptop with Fedora 17 (security spin, i'm
> downloading the std version), it's connected to the internet with the
> wi-fi, and during xs-setup, connection is lost for some time (20-30
> secs aprox), it stops and starts Networkmanager apparently, but is
> long enough for the script to fail at downloading the required
> software, and installation fails. I think is during xs-setup-network

That time to restart NM seems excessive, but we need to cover that
situation. What would you time is a safe amount of time to wait before
bailing out of the install? I'm thinking 2 minutes.

> http://pastebin.com/7YTFHLL7
>
> I'll be poking around to see if I can connect to internet with a
> cable, or pehaps give it a "sleep" to the script before downloading,
> if you could point me into wich file should i change.
>
> cheers

I have some revisions related to that in the testing repo, could you
start the next install with the testing repo enabled:

http://build.activitycentral.com/xsce.repo

Jerry