[Server-devel] XSCE 0.2 - Network problems running xs-setup

Rodolfo D. Arce S. rolf at sugarlabs.org
Fri Mar 22 08:22:39 EDT 2013

Hello:

I ran into a few problems when trying to install the XSCE 0.2. I
downloaded the repo and installed, during the installation process i
got this messages, but apparently everything was installed correctly.

http://pastebin.com/srwDn6wX

I'm running in a HP DV4 laptop with Fedora 17 (security spin, i'm
downloading the std version), it's connected to the internet with the
wi-fi, and during xs-setup, connection is lost for some time (20-30
secs aprox), it stops and starts Networkmanager apparently, but is
long enough for the script to fail at downloading the required
software, and installation fails. I think is during xs-setup-network

http://pastebin.com/7YTFHLL7

I'll be poking around to see if I can connect to internet with a
cable, or pehaps give it a "sleep" to the script before downloading,
if you could point me into wich file should i change.

cheers

--
Rodolfo D. Arce S.
http://people.sugarlabs.org/~rolf