[Server-devel] XSCE 0.2 - Network problems running xs-setup

Rodolfo D. Arce S. rolf at sugarlabs.org
Fri Mar 22 09:24:21 EDT 2013

> That time to restart NM seems excessive, but we need to cover that
> situation. What would you time is a safe amount of time to wait before
> bailing out of the install? I'm thinking 2 minutes.

It takes some time because the conection is wi-fi and it takes a long
time to "negotiate" the conection, the is restored a couple seconds
before the scripts exists. The ideal would be to check if connection
is up and then continue, with a simple ping to the previously found
gateway should work and timeout after 2 minutes or so. DHCP servers on
most routers are fast enough for that window of time with cable
connections, but wireless could take a while. 2 minutes is more than
enough.

> I have some revisions related to that in the testing repo, could you
> start the next install with the testing repo enabled:

I have to enable testing and upgrade the xs-cofig package? or is there
a specific package that needs to be downloaded?

--
Rodolfo D. Arce S.
http://people.sugarlabs.org/~rolf