[Server-devel] A Path to Pathagar.

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Tue Jun 4 19:41:41 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Braddock <braddock at braddock.com> wrote:
> I'm curious how Pathagar may be applicable to our Internet-in-a-Box
> (http://internet-in-a-box.org).
>
> Can it scale to the 40,000 epub books in Project Gutenberg?

That's a good question. Scaling to hold the data should be ok. The
current database is sqlite, but can be swapped with postgres etc. The
scalability will be dependent on the sqlite database, the apache or
nginx web server, and of course the file system being able to serve up
files. i ran a load test on Pathagar on a Sheevaplug a couple of years
ago. It started to fail after 500 concurrent users downloading a book
over a period of 60 seconds, following a normal distribution.

So, the scalability will be a function of multiple things, but there's
only one way to find out!

cheers,
Sameer