[Server-devel] [support-gang] Attempting to upgrade XO 1.5 firmware. Says "activation lease not found"

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Jul 19 19:40:43 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 10:58:45AM -0400, Kevin Cole wrote:
> Unfixable bug: I'm an idiot, sometimes.

Nah, we're working on it.  ;-)

> I don't know if it's typical, but I often find that the USB port on
> the left side of the screen doesn't seem to work as nicely as the ones
> on the right.
> [...]
> This time less, rushed than yesterday, and armed with suggestions from
> the list, I tried the same USB thumb drive on the one of the USB ports
> on the right, and voila: away it went on its reflashing.

There _was_ a problem with older firmware, now fixed, which combined
with certain USB flash drives (with embedded hubs), would cause them
not to work in _one_ port on XO-1 or XO-1.5.

Having reflashed to 13.2.0 with external power supplied, that problem
should have gone.

If not, you may have a damaged USB flash drive or port.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/