[Server-devel] Post XS-0.7 plans

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Nov 13 18:28:19 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Tim Moody <timmoody at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> So would it be accurate to say that OLPC does not plan any future XS other
> than the Community School Server, currently a work-in-progress by George,
> Jerry, and others?

I can't comment on behalf of OLPC, and asking about an indefinite
future is not really going to get you a concrete answer. However it is
fair to say that OLPC has in one way already handed off the XS to the
community. The last version (0.7) was not developed by OLPC, it was
developed by the Zamora Teran foundation.

> Documentation on the Community School Server is starting to appear outside
> of the laptop.org wiki.  I feel some uncertainty as to whether this is as it
> should be or not.

The developers of that project have been encouraged not to fork a new
project, and instead simply create the next XS version. The decision
(and workload) is up to them.

Daniel