[Server-devel] ARM on XS -- how can I integrate my work?

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 10:14:48 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm not done yet, but I've been making progress on porting XS code to ARM
by making modifications to DSD's  XS-0.7.  Upon his suggestion, I have been
basing my work on the srpms posted at
http://xs-dev.laptop.org/xsrepos/stable/olpc/xs-0.7/source/.

I'm following Peter Robinson's suggestion, and using FC17 armv7hl snapshots
as a base.  The systemd startup requires mostly trivial changes from the
old systemV mechanisms.

Now that I've got some of the services running, I'm wondering how to
contribute to the XS codebase.  What I'd prefer is to contribute deltas
from XS-0.7 that use `uname -p` to enable the appropriate path through the
startup scripts.

But I think contributing deltas presupposes that I'm working off of a git
repository.

Earlier, I started using the git sources at dev.laptop.org, and I
discovered that there did not appear to be an obvious set of git repos,
corresponding to XS-0.7. Paths for repos that had the most recent changes
included:

/packages/
/projects/
/bios-crypto/
/users/martin/

Any suggestions on how we should proceed?

George