[Server-devel] failed to register

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Jun 4 18:33:43 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:
> One XO-1.5 successfully registered back on Saturday.  It successfully then
> pushed 36MB to the XS' /library/users/SHC03801C2E (after running
> /usr/bin/ds-backup.sh on the XO-1.5 and waiting ~30min).  So we went home
> Saturday night with a false sense of confidence!
>
> But no XO-1.5s will fully register today (all ~50 of the school's XOs are
> XO-1.5s).
> Clearly, Jamaica's change from XS 0.6 to XS 0.7 two months ago destroyed
> reliable registration?

Can you check if the XOs have any server listed in the Network section
of the sugar settings?
If they do, clear it and try again. You may be trying to register
against an old XS hostname. (yes, this Sugar behaviour is
questionable)

Based on the rest of your mail, maybe you aren't facing this problem.
But lets check anyway.

Daniel