[Server-devel] Error Installing XS 0.7 from USB: can't find image #1 on disk

Brian brian at vfive.com
Sat Jul 28 00:51:45 EDT 2012

On Jul 27, 2012, at 9:04 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Using the windows tool is not recommended, use mkusbinstall[1] from the
> XS-repo, and you would need livecd-tools from Fedora 16 or greater
> installed. Which version of the windows tool are are you using? Maybe we
> can work with what was created, can you show me the layout that was
> created on the

I don't have another Linux box available here to run mkusbinstall. I tried unetbootin but it wouldnt make it bootable so tried another app called Rufus iirc which is like DD for windows to move the ISO to USB.

I booted into rescue mode and mounted /dev/sdb1 and here are the contents of /:

Packages/
TRANS.TBL
autorun.ico
Autorun.inf
images/
isolinux/
ldlinux.sys
media.repo
olpcxs.ks
repodata/
syslinux.cfg

In images/ are install.img, updates.img.

Brian