[Server-devel] XS server struggles

Tom Daly tdaly61 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 05:04:27 EDT 2011

G'Day  all,

I am trying to setup up an XS server to support a deployment we have of XO 1.5's in Timor Leste.
I have setup a USB boot and have worked through David Leeming's XS installation instructions and I appear to have a working XS server, I can ping and access the yum repos via eth0  (I used xsau-testing for my update).

I am not using a wireless access point, I was figuring I could just use the wireless of the small netbook to communicate with the XOs (although I note that the wireless port of the XS server has no IP allocated).  Is this a bad assumption ?

- is there something I should be reading about how get the XOs "using the XS"
- I want to be able to use the XS mainly for software distribution, so as to avoid the folks in Timor having to insert a flash drive into each XO ..is this possible if so how and what do I read to find out how to do this ?

thanks for any pointers/help

regards
Tom Daly