[Server-devel] OLPC Australia XS concerns

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 16 12:41:29 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 10:41 -0400, Tim Moody wrote:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Techniques_and_Configuration#Installing_from_USB
> has a download for the script, but it seems broken.  Where did you get it?
> Is it something simple like needing to issue ./mkusbinstall or use sudo?
>
> If you google mkusbinstall there are several versions
>
> http://dev.laptop.org.au/search?q=mkusbinstall has some info.
>
> There is a link to the scrip in this email, but in might not be the latest
> version.
>
> Jerry Vonau <jvo... at shaw.ca> 1220119632Saturday, August 30, 2008 2:07:12 PM
> Link Here
> Print view
>
> Hi All:
>
> Here is a quick howto:
>
> 	Grab a usb flash drive, I chose a superstore core micro 2gb cost $11.19
> cdn, no endorsement just the closest to my house.
>
> 	Insert the drive in to the usb port, mine became usb0 on the desktop,
> which is sdb1 in /dev. umount it, umount /dev/sdb1.
>
> 	toggle the bootable flag with fdisk, umount again.
>
> 	grab: http://members.shaw.ca/jvonau/pub/mkusbinstal...
>
> 	run my mkusbinstall with: mkusbinstall <path/to/iso> /dev/path

This is the latest version, should be run on a post F12 host.

http://download.laptop.org.au/XS/F9/XS-AU/tools/

I wrote mkusbinstall before functionally to use a install iso as a
source was added to livecd-tools. I should write up a how to use
livecd-tools to achieve the same thing with a little hand editing.

Jerry