[Server-devel] The old xs-livecd is the new olpc-xs-builder

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 11:15:29 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 10:52 AM, David Farning
<dfarning at activitycentral.com> wrote:
> Would it be sane and possible to extend olpc-os-builder to build XS isos?

I gladly hack on olpc-os-builder, and the answer is... no, I don't
think it'd be worthwhile. The toolchain used is different.

XO OSs are complex and tricky... and builds result in a preinstalled image.

XS OSs are an installer iso, something a ton simpler, and very
different. So olpc-xs-builder is just a fancy name for "the spot where
I keep build scripts".

Sorry,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com