[Server-devel] The old xs-livecd is the new olpc-xs-builder

David Farning dfarning at activitycentral.com
Fri Jan 21 10:52:52 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> The XS build tools have not used the livecd toolchain for a long time
> -- so the name is not appropriate. Time for a rename (and repo reorg).
>
> While not as modular and elegant as olpc-os-builder, we do have a
> collection of tools and configs that, operated correctly, build XS
> isos for installation. This can be useful to prepare a custom
> auto-intalling iso with preconfigured settings.
>
>  http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/olpc-xs-builder
>
> I've updated wiki links to the old repo, and added a stub
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Builder

Would it be sane and possible to extend olpc-os-builder to build XS isos?

I ask because nearly every deployment that uses school servers
modifies them.  Extending olpc-os-builder would result in up front
developer effort, but would result in a reduction of learning for
deployment personal.

I am not asking you to do it.  Just wondering if it would sane and possible:)

david