[Server-devel] XO Registration Failed with XS

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Jul 25 08:42:20 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 10:00:59PM +1200, Tom Parker wrote:
> I have observed that if registration fails once it will fail every
> subsequent time until you do a restart of sugar.

This may occur if there is no network connection on the first try,
because the Sugar shell Python process caches the DNS resolver
configuration.  It is a known problem.

> ctrl-alt-erase will
> restart sugar and seems to be sufficient.

The new Sugar shell process re-reads the DNS resolver configuration,
which had changed.

> Note this file is erased on restart, so you have to view it
> after the failure.

I thought these were saved in .sugar/default/logs with a timestamp.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/