[Server-devel] XO Registration Failed with XS

ganesh gajre gnowledge.ganesh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 04:50:04 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 6:12 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 10:00:59PM +1200, Tom Parker wrote:
> > I have observed that if registration fails once it will fail every
> > subsequent time until you do a restart of sugar.
>
> This may occur if there is no network connection on the first try,
> because the Sugar shell Python process caches the DNS resolver
> configuration.  It is a known problem.
>
> > ctrl-alt-erase will
> > restart sugar and seems to be sufficient.
>
> The new Sugar shell process re-reads the DNS resolver configuration,
> which had changed.

When registration failed I tried
ctrl-alt-erase and restart sugar, after that I again connect to router, ping
the server which is ok.

When I tried to register XO with server it fails

.sugar/default/logs/shell.log has following record

"ERROR  root: Registration: cannot connect to server: (-3, 'Temporary
failure in name resolution') "

What can be the possible reason for this?

--
Ganesh (Dragger)
Be a FOSSERS, use GNU/Linux