[Server-devel] XO Registration Failed with XS

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sun Jul 25 06:00:59 EDT 2010

On Sun, July 25, 2010 9:34 pm, ganesh gajre wrote:
> As per the given suggestion by all of you, I tried  to follow the
> procedure.
> I didn't find schoolserver.py file neither on the machine which are
> registered with schoolserver nor which failed to register. We have to bind
> 100 XO's to Schoolserver in the next month, and we are at my place yet
> unable to find out the reason why some XO's are failed to register while
> others are  registered.

I have observed that if registration fails once it will fail every
subsequent time until you do a restart of sugar. ctrl-alt-erase will
restart sugar and seems to be sufficient. I've only registered 4 XOs with
a school server so i'm not entirely sure that this is a coincidence. In my
case, registration failed when the XO was not connected to the correct
network or the XS wasn't properly working.

I have found some information about registration failures in the
shell.log. Note this file is erased on restart, so you have to view it
after the failure.