[Server-devel] How to setup wireless mesh network for School server

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Thu Jan 28 00:15:45 EST 2010

School server installations using active antennas are
currently non-existant.

As the school server really wants to be a gateway, you will need
two network interfaces on your laptop.   You will need to connect
one of those to a WiFi AP for the XO(s) to connect to.

Theoretically, you should be able to turn your laptop's wireless
interface into that WiFi AP, but the appropriate software for
doing so is not part of the school server installation.

I suggest disabling the WiFi on the laptop and using two USB dongles.

Cheers,
wad