[Server-devel] We need: examples of XS hardware in use --

rayb at apc.edu.ph rayb at apc.edu.ph
Wed Jan 13 21:35:26 EST 2010

Hi, Martin,

We haven't actually deployed an XS yet, so we are monitoring this thread to have a better idea what hardware we will use when the time comes for us to do a deployment.

For learning/testing/training purposes we installed the XS software on a white-box PC with an Intel Celeron 2.67 GHz processor and 960 GB of RAM.  It has a 100GB WDC hard disk.  eth0 is the on-board ethernet and eth1 is a 3Com NIC in a PCI slot, with a D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G plugged into it.

HTH,

Ray