[Server-devel] Firstboot modules

SgtPepper ncorrare at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 18:46:13 EDT 2010

Martin,
On one hand,
Some stuff like Network Configuration, *could* be hacked into anaconda (we'd
have to push, for instance, 3G modem config, or wireless card, or pppoe into
anaconda), which is a major pain, but It might get upstream. That, at least,
will require some human interaction.

About setting it up with Moodle... I could try to code a moodle admin
module, it should not be that hard. The moodle admin module could set up:

- Squid ON/OFF + maybe a squid blacklist (so some schools can blacklist
potentially dangerous sites).
- Every future configurable thing we can think off.

Anaconda already asks for the Hostname, we could hack it to only ask for the
domain name, and always add schoolserver. in front of it, and then we could
set the kickstart %post to run domain_config.