[Server-devel] Firstboot modules

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 20:04:22 EDT 2010

StPepper,

forget about anaconda :-)  I want to _reduce_ as much as reasonable
what we do in anaconda/kickstart.

Let's focus on this:

 - some stuff in current kickstart %post won't be needed for xs-0.7

 - some stuff in current kickstart can be sanely moved to a firstboot script

 - other stuff (like network config) should be handled somewhere else
-- and here I strongly prefer a combination of Moodle admin UI taking
the values and writing them to a pre-arranged file. Scripts running as
root can then read those files, check for sanity, and apply the
changes. We can use incrond to trigger those.