[Server-devel] Firstboot modules

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 18:35:21 EDT 2010

Hi SgtPepper,

I am with mixed feelings about firstboot scripts.

One one hand, some kickstart %post stuff can be done much better in a
non-interactive firstboot script.

On the other hand, I would like to avoid interactive firstboot
scripts. Many XSs are headless, and I keep pushing deployments towards
headless XSs. The best rugged/embedded HW out there for XS is
headless.

Are you open to a combination of

 - non-interactive stuff in firstboot scripts

 - interactive stuff configurable via Moodle "admin" pages, which
write to files monitored by incrond,  which in turn invokes privileged
scripts...

cheers,

martin