[Server-devel] wwwoffle for xs-0.6 (and 0.7 later)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 12:50:35 EDT 2010

Hi Andra,

how are things going with that wwwoffle script? I am catching up a bit
on my XS stuff and was wondering if life would be easier for you (and
me) following the strategy we've outlined for services in 0.7.

 - a separate init script: /etc/init.d/xs-wwwoffle -- based on what's
in the rpm or what upstream ships

 - a separate config dir /etc/xs-wwwoffle

 - a TURN_WWWOFFLE_ON script (copy the squid approach, we'll come up
with something better for 0.7)

 - if we need to 'sed' anything into the config files, it can be done
in the init script, so a change of FQDN gets taken up in the next
service (or server) restart

If you give me the scripts and config files (tested ;-) ), I will add
them to xs-config so users of 0.6 can benefit from your work.

I will polish up the wwwoffle rpm with the latest upstream version so
we ship that one.

deal?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com