[Server-devel] Collaboration server for existing network

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 22 17:36:58 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 16:17 -0400, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Martin Langhoff
> <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> >> Just checked git, I had to touch also idmanager.py in order to have it
> >> respect the variable in the config file.
> >> /BIND_ADDRESS/#BIND_ADDRESS
> >
> > Ok. So you had to unset the default value... then the code block below
> > that (Config.__init__()), which reads /etc/idmgr.conf to read in
> > overrides is failing to override it.
>
> Actually, you may have had a misconfiguration. If you set BIND_ADDRESS
> in /etc/idmgr.conf, there is no need to touch idmanager.py -- it reads
> the value properly from the config file.
>
> I've just tested such override, and it worked correctlyfor me. No
> patching (to idmanager code) needed.
>
> Of course the /etc/idmgr.conf we ship in xs-config is buggy, but the
> program itself reads and obeys its configuration AFAICS...

Your right, changed the variable present in /etc/idmgr.conf first, saw
no change. Then I saw the hardcoded ip in idmanager.py second, I just
#'d that one out but changed the address to be 0.0.0.0 like the default
for any other normal service, that was the change I was referring to.
That lead to the idmgr not starting, then I realized that the mis-named
variable in idmgr.conf was the real issue.

Jerry