[Server-devel] If you're working on XS stuff...

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 19 15:13:46 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-19 at 15:23 -0300, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> would be great to hear about your plans on server-devel :-)

For the benefit of the list, well, I've got the updates on usbkey
working from:

http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/server-devel/2009-February/002937.html

I've re-rolled mkusbinstall to work on the latest F12(email me if you
want to test), fixing the sed line from method= to repo=. This version
will create the XSUpdates repo on the usbkey, if not present, while you
would need to manually add to the kickstart file:
repo --name=updates --baseurl=file:///mnt/isodir/XSUpdates

The neat part is that you can place your own or other updated rpms into
XSUpdates, re-run createrepo, then the installer should pickup the
latest rpms.

> I'm now back from La Rioja -- fantastic deployment! -- and eager to
> catch up on whatever's happening...

Think I've got a handle on what it is needed to turn the XS into a
single interface server, driven from a kickstart file.

Jerry