[Server-devel] firewalling/nocat

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 29 15:39:44 EDT 2009

Hi Martin:

I've worked up what I think the basic layout of what the firewall rules
need to look like that would be used with nocat's access.fw I've
stripped and ported nocat's initialize.fw script for our needs, should
set up the required iptable rules. access.fw accepts 4 inputs:
[permit\|deny] [MAC] [IP] [Class] There are 4 classes of access, Owner,
Member, Public, with None being the default, The access from ranging
from full to none. (read the script) I have my rough script and the
resulting rule set at: http://members.shaw.ca/jvonau/pub/iptables/

I have not tested this yet... (I need sleep now..) Just looking for feed
back at this point. Just wondering since the hood is up, should we be
looking to lock down the services a bit?

Jerry