[Server-devel] firewalling/nocat

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Tue Sep 29 22:56:02 EDT 2009

Please mark it GPL.

A  README.GPL file on your server or some comments in the source or in
email should do.
Lots of scripts do not have a GPL line but may have an Implied GPL in
a source tree policy.  Since you are not checking it in yourself it seems
like a good thing to do and a courtesy to those that take it an run with it.
Scripts have source so the key obligation of the GPL is done.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Hi Martin:
>
> I've worked up what I think the basic layout of what the firewall rules
> need to look like that would be used with nocat's access.fw I've
> stripped and ported nocat's initialize.fw script for our needs, should
> set up the required iptable rules. access.fw accepts 4 inputs:
> [permit\|deny] [MAC] [IP] [Class] There are 4 classes of access, Owner,
> Member, Public, with None being the default, The access from ranging
> from full to none. (read the script) I have my rough script and the
> resulting rule set at: http://members.shaw.ca/jvonau/pub/iptables/
>
> I have not tested this yet... (I need sleep now..) Just looking for feed
> back at this point. Just wondering since the hood is up, should we be
> looking to lock down the services a bit?
>
> Jerry

        T o m   M i t c h e l l
        mitch-at-niftyegg-dot-com