[Server-devel] Allowing Auto-Login to Moodle from 2 Domains

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 04:16:19 EDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Devon Connolly <devcon at gmail.com> wrote:
> logging in to moodle.  As auth_olpc only accepts connections using the
> standard schoolserver at domain.com, I would like it to additionally accept a
> no-ip.info host redirect domain.

Sounds like you may want to patch auth/olpcxs :-)

> Second, I know this is a bit more complicated, but what do I need to hack
> to allow firefox/opera to benefit from auto login?

During the startup of Browse, we add a cookie to the cookies.sqlite
file. The cookie is for the domain of the XS, and the value of it is
based on the laptop's serial number & uuid. Have a look at the moodle
code

Of course, it depedns on the XS knowing about the SN and uuid in
advance - and that happens with registration. Registration across 2
networks is not going to be easy :-/

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com