[Server-devel] Name server operation

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 05:32:04 EDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 6:16 PM, Rodolfo D. <rodolfo.arce.s at gmail.com> wrote:
> I vote in favor of dnsmasq..

We all do. But I am leaning seriously towards F11.

> speaking of F11.. we read some issues regarding F9, and the whole
> infrastructure needed to build it.. I must admit that i understood less than
> half of it.. is it related to the F9 base, or is it more related to XS
> issues?

It is just a bit moreannoying to the developers working on the XS
itself. For end users, an F11-based XS will have security support into
the future, plus some bugfixes. In itself, it doesn't get us any
compelling improvements.

Fire-and-motion as they say.*

For developers, it does have some good things that are worthwhile. But
developers, we're here to suffer and serve :-)

* - Skip to 'fire and motion' in the sw industry:
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com