[Server-devel] Name server operation

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 05:24:36 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> dnsmasq on lo only and point bind to the use lo as the forwarder. This
> requires dnsmasq to listen on 127.0.0.1 and bind on 172.18.0.1. The
> resolv.conf.in file wound need to be removed from git, so the OS could
> manage resolv.conf on its own.

thinking more about this...

For a full dnsmasq setup, we will need to control resolv.conf and /etc/hosts:

 - To define the fqdn and the additional names it serves, we need to
control /etc/hosts

 - I think we will need to still control resolv.conf. I am not sure if
we really want it controlled by dhclient -- that would override
hand-picked DNSs, for example OpenDNS.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com