[Server-devel] Name server operation

Rodolfo D. rodolfo.arce.s at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 12:16:00 EDT 2009

I vote in favor of dnsmasq..

speaking of F11.. we read some issues regarding F9, and the whole
infrastructure needed to build it.. I must admit that i understood less than
half of it.. is it related to the F9 base, or is it more related to XS
issues?

cheers.. R

2009/10/4 Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca>

> On Sun, 2009-10-04 at 18:01 +0200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> > >        I was thinking of a clean way to introduce the forward
> nameserver info
> > > for the nameservice that the XS provides. The nice way that dnsmasq
> uses
> >
> > I like dnsmasq, and I am liking it even more as time passes. The thing
> > is: I am looking at F11/XS0.7 and... I want to do one transition
> > instead of two.
> >
> > Maybe I should bite and get this transition in 0.6, and then go onto F11?
> >
> > Hmm hmm...
> >

> At least require it now in xs-config.spec, that way the package is
> installed, waiting to be configured.
>
> Still like the split bind/dnsmasq for now, solves some issues, leaves
> the door open for a quick config file change in the future.
>
> Jerry

Rodolfo D. Arce S.
www.rodolfoarce.com
irc.freenode.net rodolfo @ #fedora #centos