[Server-devel] Regarding adding a moodle plugin

Vamsi Krishna Davuluri vamsi.davuluri at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 13:55:19 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am trying to make a moodle plug-in which displays the web folder contents
stored in the school server. That is the laptop's print their jobs to
cups-pdf on the school server, and these files are to be viewed by a remote
system on the network when a teacher logs in. And then to be printed to the
actual network printer when the teacher hits approve

The user will have a similar page, but only with jobs he has sent.

Here's the probable solution I have come up with, and I would like advice
and info where ever I am lacking.

The teacher's job is easy, he will just have all the rights to the pdfs, and
can view them (through  a http download from the server) delete them, or
approve for printing to network printer.

This can be implemented with simple php scripting, and as php has access to
the shell, we can just write the script for it.
There will also be a history/summary of transactions view.

Now in the user's moodle status page, the students jobs alone, and a history
of what happened to those jobs are displayed, and the feature to delete a
teacher review pending job is also present.

The implementation can be like this, I request the user's moodle login id
during printer config, and append it to my output pdf file name, and display
only the names associated with his login in his page.

or) I send a string buffer along with the print job, along with also ip
details. But more effectively is it possible to read from server's datastore
passkeys, and taly that pass key with the user's laptop?

Thank you!