[Server-devel] Aliasing and backup

Dave Bauer dave at solutiongrove.com
Tue Jun 2 11:25:16 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Dave Bauer <dave at solutiongrove.com>
> wrote:
> > Ok, I am asked here after I read the XS Blueprint for account aliasing, I
> am
> > not sure I am thinking about this the right way.
> >
> > I registered SoaS and generated a backup and its available from Moodle
> just
> > fine.
>
> Cool.
>
> > I later register another SoaS and go to the the old registration, click
> the
> > alias tab, choose the new registration and click the Alias this account
> > button.
>
> That's the correct workflow, but there may be a bug in that it won't
> show you the link to the 'available snapshots' until you have the
> first backup form the 'new' SoaS.
>
> To confirm...
>
>  - wait until the 'new' SoaS makes the first backup
>  - revisit that page - should show the empty-ish backup from the new SoaS
>  - click on the link that shows all available snapshots...
>  - should show you the snapshots from your 'old' SoaS

Ok I ran the backup and then tried to login to the schoolserver from Browse.
It prefills in my login name as the aliased user instead of the new username
and my magic cookie doesn't work anymore.

I guess its changing the username when I try to login and it doesn't match.
I'll see if I can track this down, I am not sure where it gets the cookie
and how aliasing works yet.

Dave

  hth,

>  martin.langhoff at gmail.com