[Server-devel] Aliasing and backup

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 06:01:07 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Dave Bauer <dave at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> Ok, I am asked here after I read the XS Blueprint for account aliasing, I am
> not sure I am thinking about this the right way.
>
> I registered SoaS and generated a backup and its available from Moodle just
> fine.

Cool.

> I later register another SoaS and go to the the old registration, click the
> alias tab, choose the new registration and click the Alias this account
> button.

That's the correct workflow, but there may be a bug in that it won't
show you the link to the 'available snapshots' until you have the
first backup form the 'new' SoaS.

To confirm...

 - wait until the 'new' SoaS makes the first backup
 - revisit that page - should show the empty-ish backup from the new SoaS
 - click on the link that shows all available snapshots...
 - should show you the snapshots from your 'old' SoaS

hth,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com