[Server-devel] Aliasing and backup

Dave Bauer dave at solutiongrove.com
Mon Jun 1 16:40:50 EDT 2009

Ok, I am asked here after I read the XS Blueprint for account aliasing, I am
not sure I am thinking about this the right way.

I registered SoaS and generated a backup and its available from Moodle just
fine.

I later register another SoaS and go to the the old registration, click the
alias tab, choose the new registration and click the Alias this account
button.

I login to the XS from the new registration and an logged in automatically.
I go to my backup tab and it says this user has no backup data yet.

As an experiment I also tried aliasing in the opposite direction, going to
the new user, clicking that alias tab and choosing the old user to the same
effect.

Should the backups from the original account show up on the new aliased
account?

Thanks
Dave

--