[Server-devel] my installation notes

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 14:46:19 EST 2009

2009/1/29 Rodolfo D. Arce S. <rodolfoarce at eyuhoo.com>:
> The squid proxy server didn't start.. I had to manually create the directory
> /library/cache.. "chown" it and "chmod" it for the squid user.. and
> re-create the cache

That is weird, and symptom of some other problem.

 - How did you enable Squid? You _must_ use the script provided in
/etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts (look in the script to see what it does;
and note that it will probably do more in the future...)

 - Perhaps something went wrong with your /library mountpoint? What
does `mount` say for /library? What's the output of `ls -la /library`?
(there should be serveral dirs created at install time...)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com