[Server-devel] Browsing school server

David Leeming leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb
Sat Jan 17 17:05:55 EST 2009

Hi Martin,

I am aware of what Moodle can do but disagree that file access should always
be through it. It's much easy to go straight to the folders of content
rather than having to log on and enrol on courses etc. Much of the time in
the way I see teachers using the server they won't be working from a
"courses" point of view. Perhaps they should, but we don't have that
approach figured out yet. We need maximum flexibility in accessing content.

The who.php page is the first page that comes up and that's where one makes
the decision about what one wants to do - use Moodle or not. So that's where
I need to add the link, or otherwise change the page that comes up when one
clicks on "Local School Server" on the Xo browser.

As I said, I have reinstalled 0.5-1 twice and same result. I haven't tried
to revert to 0.5-0 to re-confirm that I don't have the same issue, will try
and do so later this week.

David Leeming
Technical Advisor, People First Network, Honiara, Solomon Islands
Alternative email address: leemingdavid at yahoo.com.au