[Server-devel] Mass olpc-update via XS?

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Wed Feb 18 21:37:13 EST 2009

Hi Martin,

   > Interesting. I didn't know cjb had forked my code. Should I fold
   > his code and ship it with the XS? Chris, can you tell me more about
   > the patches?

Sorry about that, I should have written this up.

The change here is the addition of an "xs-upserv" script, and it's
probably not useful for the XS -- you already have an xs-rsync setup
that does the same thing.  We wrote it while in UY for their non-XS
school server, as a quick script to turn any machine into an update
server: it takes a directory tree with a build per directory, creates
an rsyncd.conf that exposes each build, and launches rsyncd with the
new config to serve the builds.

At the time, we needed something to prove that UY's modified 767 build
could be upgraded to by their modified 649 build using their local
school servers, without the assumptions made by the xs-rsync setup.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>