[Server-devel] updates

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 16:50:46 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> I'm going to back-port the minihal.py (index 6d4e6de..8ab93d4 100644)
> fix to what I have going on here.

Cool!

> the cf card, this should be almost be good to go, just have to write a
> post part in the kickstart file to setup the olpc.fth file. The trick to
> getting this all working is to plug in the external drive in after
> anaconda loads up to the language screen, keeps from messing with OFW's
> and the kernel's drive ordering. An external hard drive could be
> boot-able if you set up the olpc.fth file on the first partition as long
> as it is not lvm, so this opens up that avenue also. I used that method
> to load the stock updated os on to the XO.

When you say external drive, do you mean the SD card or another bit of media?

> I've add the need modules and firmware to support the cf card and the
> on-board wireless into anaconda's build routine. I get prompted to
> configure the on-board wireless lan now..(yet to be tested). Guess I
> should bz that one too. Should this be successful, live updates at
> install time could be possible. Then how would we like the on-board
> interface to come up as? Part of the mesh,
> or let it be available to be configured for internet access by default?

A mesh device, our goal is to have a School Server, so we'll want it
as a mesh gateway antenna... but we'll wipe those files away and setup
our wonky configuration from xs-config, right?

> I should have an updated patch set later this weekend.

Cool - I had this thread marked as "to review/test/merge" but I now
realise you are still working on it.

let me know how it goes!

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com