[Server-devel] updates

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 5 19:05:20 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 08:48 +1300, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 5:24 AM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> > Next, find a regular PC that is capable of reading SD cards. We're using
>
> Oh, good point. I thought that the XO SD reader was handled by the
> same kernel module as conventional SD readers.

I'm going to back-port the minihal.py (index 6d4e6de..8ab93d4 100644)
fix to what I have going on here. Providing that you don't use lvm on
the cf card, this should be almost be good to go, just have to write a
post part in the kickstart file to setup the olpc.fth file. The trick to
getting this all working is to plug in the external drive in after
anaconda loads up to the language screen, keeps from messing with OFW's
and the kernel's drive ordering. An external hard drive could be
boot-able if you set up the olpc.fth file on the first partition as long
as it is not lvm, so this opens up that avenue also. I used that method
to load the stock updated os on to the XO.

I've add the need modules and firmware to support the cf card and the
on-board wireless into anaconda's build routine. I get prompted to
configure the on-board wireless lan now..(yet to be tested). Guess I
should bz that one too. Should this be successful, live updates at
install time could be possible. Then how would we like the on-board
interface to come up as? Part of the mesh,
or let it be available to be configured for internet access by default?

I should have an updated patch set later this weekend.

Jerry