[Server-devel] how to copy activation leases to XS?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 13:00:07 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Joshua N Pritikin<jpritikin at pobox.com> wrote:
> Goal: I have a bunch of already activated XO laptops. I want to be able
> to serve activation leases from the school server so I can reflash the
> NAND with NANDblaster. At this stage, I don't want to create deligated
> leases.

Ok.

> Looking at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activation_and_developer_keys, it
> seems like the lease should be stored in /security/lease.sig

Yes.

> Looking at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS-activation ("Loading activation
> data "), it seems like I should take a USB key, create a directory XS,
> and concatenate all the laptop lease.sig files into a single lease.sig
> file (?). Is this correct?

Well, if you are managing a lot of XOs, you usually get an account in
activation.laptop.org, and from there you can generate your leases in
a leases.sig file that is consolidated for all the XOs you manage.

To make a consolidated file, you need a 'cat' program that
sorts/remakes the json file to be cjson. I wrote one long time ago for
Uruguay, but I can't find it now. I think I posted it on the list -
ah, 'cat-leases'

http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-April/012756.html

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com