[Server-devel] how to copy activation leases to XS?

Joshua N Pritikin jpritikin at pobox.com
Mon Aug 10 01:04:51 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 01:00:07PM -0400, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Joshua N Pritikin<jpritikin at pobox.com> wrote:
> > Looking at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activation_and_developer_keys, it
> > seems like the lease should be stored in /security/lease.sig
>
> Yes.

I looked at one of our laptops, and there is no /security/lease.sig

Once a laptop is activated, can the lease.sig be removed? It looks like
that is what happened.

> > Looking at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS-activation ("Loading activation
> > data "), it seems like I should take a USB key, create a directory XS,
> > and concatenate all the laptop lease.sig files into a single lease.sig
> > file (?). Is this correct?
>
> Well, if you are managing a lot of XOs, you usually get an account in
> activation.laptop.org, and from there you can generate your leases in
> a leases.sig file that is consolidated for all the XOs you manage.

Is 32 XOs considered a lot? How do I apply for an account?

Maybe I should be working on delegated leases instead? Do I need
standard leases to generate OATS and ACT keys for delegated leases?

Ultimately I want to be able to flash my own signed images. When I
started down this path, it seemed like flashing OLPC signed images would
be a good step to work on first, but maybe I should skip directly to
making delegated leases?