[Server-devel] K2 Content/Classroom Management System

rayb at apc.edu.ph rayb at apc.edu.ph
Mon Aug 3 01:58:53 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am Ray Baquirin of Asia Pacific College in Makati, Philippines.  We are looking to port to the XS  the Classroom Management System that Caroline Meeks posted about here: http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/server-devel/2009-July/003690.html

It seems to me that the basic functionality is already in Moodle, in that activities can be presented or not to a Moodle user depending on his group memberships.  On investigating how Flash content can be embedded in Moodle, I found that (1) Moodle supports SCORM and (2) a lot of Flash eLearning content is actually packaged as SCORM.

So, what we're proposing to do first is take some Flash videos, embed them in SCORM objects, put them in Moodle and looking at how the groups/permissions features of Moodle can be used to manage them.

I've also installed the XS server software on a PC and our networking people are setting it up so later we can test with an XO accessing Moodle on the XS.  but it seems to me that we could be doing this work on on a plain vanilla Moodle installation?  If that is the case, perhaps discussing the project is off-topic for this list?

I welcome your comments, advice and criticism!

Servus,

Ray